Hello and Welcome!
Welcome to IP GROW, a specialist online platform that connects enterprises and service providers to manage intellectual property/intangible assets (“IP/IA”) related issues (“Platform”).
- The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern your use of the Platform and all information, linked pages, features, data, text, images, photographs, graphics, music, sounds, video (including live streams), messages, tags, content, programming, software, application services (including, without limitation, any mobile application services) or other materials made available through the Platform or its related services (“Content“).
- The Terms may be amended from time to time as we add or remove features to improve the Platform. You will be notified of any changes to the Terms and you will be given an opportunity to stop using the Platform before they come into effect if you do not like the changes.
Information and Credentials
There are two (2) types of users of the Platform (“Users”). First, there are businesses and enterprises who wish to seek support in terms of their IP/IA. Let’s call them “Enterprises”. Second, there are business and enterprises who provide IP/IA services to the Enterprises. Let’s call them “Advisors”. Whilst the general rules in the Terms apply to both types of Users, there are some specific terms and conditions that are a bit different:
- For Advisors, we may ask you to provide your business details and credentials. If you do so, you confirm that all information and credentials submitted by you to us are and will remain accurate and free from material omissions. You also agree to provide us with an update whenever there is a change to the information you have provided us. This is because we rely on the information you provide to assess your eligibility to be listed on the Platform as an Advisor. Should any of the information you provide prove to be inaccurate or omits any material information, we reserve the right to immediately terminate your Account without notice.
- For Enterprises, we would ask you to provide us with your business details only. If for some reason you must provide us with your personal information, please review our privacy statement (https://www.ipgrow.org/privacy-statement/) and check the relevant box on the application page.
We grant you a limited and revocable license to access and use the Platform subject to the Terms.
By using or accessing the Services you agree to comply with the copyright, trademark, service mark, and all other applicable laws that protect the Platform and its Content.
You agree not to copy, distribute, republish, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, modify, adapt, rent, sell, or create derivative works of any portion of the Services, the Platform, or its Content except as provided by the features of the Platform.
You may not, without our prior written consent, mirror or frame any part or whole of the Content of this Platform on any other server or as part of any other website.
You agree that you will not use any robot, spider or any other automatic device or manual process to monitor or copy our Content, without our prior written consent (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this website.
If you post or submit anything to us in respect of the Platform (whether through the Platform itself or by some other means), you hereby confirm that our receipt and use of those materials for the purpose that you have posted or submitted them will not infringe any third-party IP/IA rights. You also grant us and the Users a licence to use the materials you post or upload for the purposes of the Platform or any reasonably incidental purpose.
You are of course welcome to link to the Platform on your website. However, you must not in any way represent or imply that you are endorsed or associated with us by providing such links to your users or audience. If you do so, we will have to ask you to take it down or amend the representation. We promise that we will try to manage this with you amicably.
Some Ground Rules
IPOS aims to use the Platform to build a community where Enterprises and Advisors may come together and grow. As such, you acknowledge and agree that we (including our affiliates, their officers, representatives, employees, members and/or suppliers) will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever and howsoever arising out of or in connection with your use of the Platform.
Joining the Platform does not guarantee any business opportunity and you acknowledge that we make no representation to you in this regard.
You must not exploit your association with the Platform for any commercial or advertising purpose without our prior written approval.
You shall commit to acting professionally and responsibly, and if applicable in accordance with the governing code of ethics for your industry in the respective jurisdictions that your company is incorporated in, for all your dealings on the Platform and with other Users.
You must not:
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, alarming, distressing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- violate any laws and third party rights;
- use the Services or upload Content to impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- remove any proprietary notices from the Platform;
- cause, permit or authorize the modification, creation of derivative works, or translation of the Services without our express permission;
- use the Services for the benefit of any third party or any manner not permitted by the licenses granted herein;
- use the Services or upload Content in a manner that is fraudulent, unconscionable, false, misleading or deceptive;
- attempt to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or hack the Services (or any portion thereof), or to defeat or overcome any encryption technology or security measures implemented by us with respect to the Services and/or data transmitted, processed or stored by us;
- harvest or collect any information about or regarding other Users, including, without limitation, any personal data or information;
- upload, email, post, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- infringe our IP/IA; or
- use the Services to violate the privacy of others or to “stalk” or otherwise harass another.
Termination of Account
We would like all Users to have a fantastic experience using the Platform, but from time to time, there will be Users in the community that do not abide by the Terms. We may at our sole discretion withdraw or terminate those Users’ access to the Platform without providing any reason whatsoever and without liability or compensation.
If you believe that a User is violating the Terms, please write to us at email@example.com .
You shall be bound to treat all documents, materials and other information received from us or communicated to each other with the utmost confidence.
We provide the Platform as-is and do not warrant or represent any of the information on the Platform to be true or correct. Much of the information comes from third parties, and while we’ve done our best to make sure it’s accurate, you should conduct your own assessment and not rely on ours.
We may discontinue or change the Platform or any of its features for any reason and at any time, without providing notice or any explanation.
We may decline your application to create an Account for any reason whatsoever and without providing you with an explanation.
The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of any of the provisions of the Terms shall not affect the validity, legality, and enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Terms.
Nothing in the Terms shall be deemed to create a joint venture or partnership or any employer-employee or principal-agency relationship of any kind between you and us. Neither party shall have the right to contract on behalf of or bind the other party or make any commitment, representation, or warranty for or on behalf of the other party.
A person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Chapter 53B) to enforce any of the Terms.
The Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to your use of the Services as a User and cancel in all respects all previous communications, agreements, and undertakings between the parties, whether written or oral.
The Terms shall be governed by Singapore law.
We hope it doesn’t come to this, but in the event of any dispute, controversy, claim or difference of any kind whatsoever arising between the parties in connection with this contract, including without limitation the breach, termination, or validity of this contract (“Dispute”), which Dispute has been subject of a written notice by one Party to the other (“Dispute Notice”). The parties shall attempt to settle such Dispute in the first instance by referring the matter to Singapore Mediation Centre for resolution as soon as reasonably practicable but in no event later than sixty (60) days from the date of the Dispute Notice. The parties agree to participate in mediation in good faith and undertake to abide by the terms of any settlement reached.
All set now? Let’s get started on your journey on our Platform!